"All our great Presidents were leaders of thought at times when certain historic ideas in the life of the nation had to be clarified." -Franklin D. Roosevelt, September 11, 1932

22 July 2005

The Weekend Starts Here

MOVIES:

My partner and I saw the trailer for "Murderball" recently and thought it looked like an excellent documentary. And now Roger Ebert confirms it.

He also recommends "Hustle and Flow."

TELEVISION:

Game Show Network is re-airing the first (2001) season of the CBS hit "The Amazing Race." Starring "Team Guido" and bald-headed Kevin and Drew, I remember the first series well. For those "Race" fans who came into the show in later seasons, I highly recommend a glance at this first season.

And on Saturday and Sunday "Good Times," a spin-off of "Maude" (which was a spin-off of "All in the Family"), joins TV Land this weekend with a 48-hour marathon.

BOOKS:

I plan to settle in Saturday and get through as much of "Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince" as I can. My partner picked it up last Saturday and finished the 670+ page adventure by Sunday night.

Cheers!