"All our great Presidents were leaders of thought at times when certain historic ideas in the life of the nation had to be clarified." -Franklin D. Roosevelt, September 11, 1932

07 April 2006

Quote of the MONTH

"What I wanted to say to you is that I — in my lifetime, I have never felt more ashamed of, nor more frightened by my leadership in Washington, including the presidency, by the Senate, and I feel like despite your rhetoric, that compassion and common sense have been left far behind during your administration, and I would hope from time to time that you have the humility and the grace to be ashamed of yourself inside yourself."

-American citizen Harry Taylor to the President during a Bush P.R. event yesterday in Charlotte.

This White House plans these events down to the most minute detail. Bush-backing Republicans are the only people who are supposed to get in the door. You can bet there is an advance man somewhere in Washington this morning with an ice pack on his ass. The chewing it received from the Prez'dint had to leave marks.

Mr. Taylor, I would like to shake your hand sir. George needed to hear what you had to say. But you do know that, from this day forward, until at least January 20 2009, your phone will be tapped, don't you? And forget about arriving at the airport an hour early for any travel. You'll probably need four hours just to get through the cavity search the TSA will give you each and every time you fly.

See the video here (courtesy of Think Progress).