"All our great Presidents were leaders of thought at times when certain historic ideas in the life of the nation had to be clarified." -Franklin D. Roosevelt, September 11, 1932

05 October 2005

Quote of the Day

"I started having issues [with Fox News] when others in the organization would take my carefully scripted and nuanced reporting and pull out bits and pieces to support their agenda on their shows. Editorially, I had issues with story selection. But the bigger issue was that there wasn't a tradition or track record of honoring journalistic integrity. I found some reporters at Fox would cut corners or steal information from other sources or in some cases, just make things up. Management would either look the other way or just wouldn't care to take a closer look. I had serious issues with that."
-MSNBC correspondent David Shuster, recounting his six-years at Fox News, in an interview with the Bloomington Herald-Times.