"All our great Presidents were leaders of thought at times when certain historic ideas in the life of the nation had to be clarified." -Franklin D. Roosevelt, September 11, 1932

26 March 2006

I for Impeachment

Yesterday I went to see "V for Vendetta." The movie tells the futuristic story of a radical right-wing Britain; a totalitarian state complete with government-controlled airwaves, oppression, cruelty, and corruption. My DP, my best friend, and I left the theatre discussing the policies of the current administration and how they could lead the United States down a similar path. Then, this evening, I read this:
When President Bush signed the reauthorization of the USA Patriot Act this month, he included an addendum saying that he did not feel obliged to obey [the act's] requirements.
Holy crap.

Holy fucking crap.

A President signs a law, then says he doesn't have to follow it?? Throw censure out the window, my friends. If ever there was a reason for impeachment, this is it. And not just Bush. Remove the Vice-President from office too and let the House Speaker finish out the rest of this presidential term.

Impeachment now. Before it's too late.