"All our great Presidents were leaders of thought at times when certain historic ideas in the life of the nation had to be clarified." -Franklin D. Roosevelt, September 11, 1932

14 March 2006

Quote of the Day 2

"I recall Tim Fields, one of the vice-principals at my school, having to think for at least a minute when asked by the office lady, 'What should I put down for reason of withdrawal?' If the basis of my expulsion is so unclear to them, then surely the circumstances surrounding it are extremely questionable and the grounds on which I was removed are both unfair and unexplainable."

-Brandon Flyte, on his expulsion from West Linn High School in Oregon after presenting his assigned video project; a mini-movie that included (gasp!) a same-sex snuggle scene.

Brandon, for the record, is straight.

My friends, Fascism is alive and well in our nation's high schools.